Saturday, January 2, 2010

Two thousand and ten


Writing from the extremely cold, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
Indicative that I may actually be learning....I have taken a whole 6 weeks of off season this year. I can honestly say that I've never done so little since starting the great sport of triathlon. I've swam TWICE since IM. Biked a handful of times (but those do include a 4:40 and 3:30 ride!) and have been running purely for the enjoyment and clear headedness it brings me. I am now able to say "bring it on!"
I am totally ready and excited for what's to come.
After some discussion with coach, it was decided that it will be necessary to break this year up into sections. Having secured a Kona spot already, I will not have to complete another IM in the same year. Which for me is very good. I have learned that it takes me quite a long time to recover from these events, mentally and physically.
The first part of the year will be dedicated mostly to cycling. I have at couple of stage races that I want to do and this year I will be racing them as a CAT 3!
In the spring the focus will switch to running. I will be targeting the San Diego R & R Marathon the first week in June! I am super pumped. I haven't run a stand alone marathon since 2004. I have some lofty goals.....I'm not gonna' say but here's a hint: it starts with the letter "2".
From then on it's all about Kona.
As part of the official 30 in 30, I did an hour speed session on the tready.
Mile Down: 1 x 1 mile, 2 x 1200m, 3 x 800m, 4 x 400m with a 200m float in between. I wasn't so concerned with my speed as I was with just turning over the legs. It felt great. My body is ready and my mind is willing!

1 comment:

IronLa said...

Sounds like a solid plan for 2010!
You're snowy pic has me worried. Very, very worried...
Happy NY Buddy.