Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Round Deux.

I would love to say that I'm pumped about racing another world championship this weekend... but, I can't.
I've been super busy with work and life that even if my body was recovered, I was still only able to do small amounts of activity.
I've gained five pounds but it feels like 20.
I just can't seem to gather the same excitement I had for Kona. How does Hiliary B. do it?
All the same, I'm gonna' go down there and giver. I placed 5th in 2006 and I'll be honest, I want better. Only time will tell if I've struck the balance between recovery and maintainance.
Either way, I get some sun time, in a splish, next to the ocean!!

Racer # 630.

4 comments:

kerri said...

Glad you are still going..don't blame ya for feeling tired but it's just one more race! THEN...time to rest, sit back and rejuvinate for next year. I can't wait. Maybe I'll see you there. If not. KICK BUTT!

IronLa said...

CP,
Once you get there, you'll be excited. As for the 5lbs, do you remember what we were eating (and drinking) in the weeks leading up to Clearwater 2006??---and you still got 5th!
Drop it like it's hot, buddy.

Maggs said...

Good luck this weekend. I bet when you get there you'll get excited about racing!

Unknown said...

Best of luck CP! You had such a great day in Kona so I just know you will rock it again ;-)
Tracy