Friday, November 7, 2008

some last minute thoughts.

Went for a swim this morning in the Gulf and couldn't help but wish I was back at dig me beach instead.... the water was COLD, it was dirty and there definately weren't dolphins swimming beside me.
The general feel here is different than the vibe at Kona. Two years ago, I had nothing to compare it to so I thought it was the shizzle. Now that I've been to Kona, it will be hard for any other event to top it.
While I'm glad I choose to come here and will race as hard as I can, I'm worried that my body is not ready. I know it's supposed to hurt, I just hope I am able to perform to my ability.
Hopefully, this race will feel short in comparison to four weeks ago.
Regardless, I'm going to do what I can to get my ass on that podium. I know it's in me, just gotta coax it out.

3 comments:

Jennifer Harrison said...

Good luck tomorrow! have a great great race!! :) Jen H.

Powerbar Junkie said...

xoxo

Steve Stenzel said...

4:34?!?!

Are you freakin' kidding me?!? WHAT A GREAT TIME!!

CONGRATS!!!