Today, I headed up my beloved mt. lemmon for a run. At altitude (7500 ft.), uphill for the first half and even more painfully, downhill for the second half. Bring it on Palani!! What made it even more enjoyable was the dark cloud that opened up on me just before half way. It poured and soaked the ground causing the most amazing smells to lift up out of the pines that cover the tops of the Catalina mountains. Even better was that I could look out onto a Tucson that remained hot, sunny and dry. My own personal oasis..
this weekend (well actually, saturday) officially begins the 11 week countdown to Kona.... yikes. I read on RR's blog, the 12 things she needed to do in the 12 weeks before Hawaii... I've missed a week, but here are my 11:
1. Find a new speedsuit -- the Zoot full length looks splendid!!
2. Book a flight.
3. Design a Splish suit (and matching bag -- new feature!) must be something
with maple leaves.
4. Go home for a visit/training fest.
5. Work 29 more night shifts.
6. Lose 5 lbs.
7. Start riding longer than 4 hours at a time.
8. Start running longer than 1.5 hours at a time.
9. Swim more than 3x/week.
10. Develop an itinerary for my two weeks in Kona -- anyone want to be a tour guide?
11. Lose 5 more lbs.
ps.. the article in "Triathlete" show casing the Show Low results said "Tucson Native".... no way, this gal's Canadian all the way.