Monday, September 29, 2014

Ketogenic Day Two

Today, I consumed 143 grams of fat (0 trans fat), 71 grams of protein, and 18 net grams of carbohydrates. As this was a recovery day from yesterday's trail race, I only ran 2 miles. I am feeling pretty good, and not craving anything (thanks to a wonderful keto desert!!), but I am expecting that to change as my body becomes carb depleted. I am nervous as to how my brain function will be affected, and for how long it takes me to adapt mentally and physically. I am supplementing with vitamins and minerals, BCAAs, and L-glutamine. I am also trying to drink more water to balance the loss that follows the decreased carb stores. I have not weighed myself, but plan to do so tomorrow am. I am also going to attempt a 6 mile run to evaluate my physical response. Additionally, I plan on testing my urine with ketone strips to see if there has been any progress, and to have baseline (ish) measurements. As I type, I am enjoying the movie "Fed Up"... and it is totally reinforcing my decision to give this diet a go.

No comments: